In the interest of never wanting to talk about this ever, I thought I'd let anybody who might not know already, that as of about two weeks ago Jordan is no longer in the nursing program. Yes, I only posted a couple of weeks ago about him making the honor roll. Yes, his grades in the classes were good, but, the nursing program is a cruel and fickle beast. Something about in clinicals they felt he wasn't progressing to the point they would have liked for him to be and he didn't seem to have the confidence he needed and he had those prior close calls. So. He was dismissed.I won't really get into it here just how devastating this is, how long and hard we've been working toward it, and how I feel like somebody is dead or wish that I was. (I might have responded to this news in a very dramatic fashion) (if you can even imagine such a thing). I will tell you that some of the alternate titles for this blog post might include things along the lines of:
It's the End of the World As We Know It.
I Can't Go On.
There Is No One Who Can Comfort Me.
We Suck.
Life is Bleak.
What's The Point?
I Don't Want to Talk About It.
What Now?
Where Do We Go From Here?
That's why it's been so quiet around here, I just wanted (still want) to bury my head in the sand and pretend this isn't happening, but apparently, life goes on. And since life goes on, and in the hopes that one day we'll be able to look back at this absolute crappiest of times from a much better place, I'll probably wish I had kept up with my pathetic little record of the little things we have going on.
I'm probably not really going to address this again here, but I thought I'd let you know that Jordan is only a few credits shy of an Oregon Transfer Degree and we're thinking that we'll satisfy those with an EMT program. At least it will be something, and hopefully if he were to start working as an EMT it might help with the whole confidence thing should we decide to re approach nursing or something similar. I know what you're thinking, maybe if I weren't such a total harpy and an awful shrew that might help with his confidence too. I'll work on it.