Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Pancakes"

I'm pretty sure that the last time I tried making pancakes (note how I say 'tried making pancakes' and not just 'made pancakes') was before Jordan and I got married. So about seven and a half, eight years ago? They did not turn out so great.
*Julie J. in your head can you see that picture where you're holding the pancake plate? Good times, not so good pancakes.*
Well, this morning I decided it was time to try again. I guess I should tell you that my eight year absence from any pancake making has not really improved my technique.
Being totally inspired by the pancakes that Shane makes over on Natalies Sentiments - they're sensational! Uh. May. Zing.- I used his condiment bottle method and here's what I ended up with.

Not quite as Uh. May. Zing. And sadly, they didn't taste too great either, luckily syrup can cover a multitude of sins. But I will admit that I am super proud of myself for trying, and kind of feel like they can only get better from here. Right?

4 comments:

emily said...

Cute pancakes! Sorry they didn't taste as good. I had big plans to make cute heart shaped pancakes for V-day and it didn't happen, so good job!

Colburns said...

Lately your blog has really been some great entertainment for me personally. I think that it is ok to say whatever you want about a certain recent devastation and should you feel the need to vent well you deserve it! I love anchor man! Oh and ps I thought going through schooling with your husband was horrible and we are already talking about "the next step" save me a spot in line at the razor blade slide into the alcohol pool. HAHA oh and to comment on your pancakes(like my opinion really matters, but I have found that bisqiuck with a little sugar added is my best friend home made ones taste yucky. I think your awesome and you should know that!

Jerilee E. said...

First off, I just love you guys more than anything and I want to give you great big hugs! Second, I have always been amazed by his pancakes on natalie's sentiments. Where did you buy condiment bottles? You can probably buy them anywhere and you are going to think I am just plain silly- but I can take it ;). Your pancakes look adorable! Love it! I am also a fan of Bisquick pancakes- they always taste good and I have never had homemade pancakes that I like more...

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Nice job on the Pancakes!! Using the condiment bottle really is a great way to make designer pancakes. Love the cute girl holding the pancakes too! We do sourdough pancakes at our house and I can barely gag down regular pancakes anymore. Just way to dry and thick. Way to be creative though. I have seen so many cute Valentines posts about all the fun ways people celebrate. Us, we didn't do anything! My poor kids have a boring mom. Although we did have ice cream for breakfast a couple of weeks ago...watch for upcoming post! Love ya! :0)