Friday, February 26, 2010

Mail Time!

*WARNING: A certain recent disappointment may have rendered me temporarily (hopefully temporarily) unable to be nice and/or positive.

I am thinking of buying these cards off of Etsy and sending one - or more - of them to my neighbors roommates boyfriend.
Before sending it I would probably write something like TURN DOWN THE G.D. MUSIC!!!

Would it be easier to go over there and politely ask them to turn it down? Not if you're me, which unfortunately I happen to be. Instead I'll just stew over it forever and dream about sending them hate mail.
Did I tell you about the time one of his drunk friends came knocking on our door at midnight? All our lights were out, which seems like a pretty big clue to me that the people who live here might in bed. Jordan was not at home which made me very nervous when someone was ringing our doorbell. Awesome, wake up my kids while you're giving me a heart attack why don't you? When he rang again ten minutes later I opened the door, leaving the chain on of course, much like any crotchety woman over sixty five would when she answers the door.
"Is Jeremy here?"
"No."
"Are you sure"
"Yes." I think he's next door."
"Really? Will you come knock on the door for me?"
What the!? "No, sorry. Goodnight."
Ugh, I really do not enjoy the boyfriend. But don't worry, I won't send him the card. He wears baggy pants and crooked baseball caps which obviously makes him the type that if you hurt his feelings, he sets your house on fire. Of course now I'll convince myself that somehow he reads my blog and will expect the house on fire anyway. Sigh.

5 comments:

Scott and Jillian said...

Is he lookin' like a fool with his pants on the ground? Yeah, I would be freaked out if some icky guy came to my door when Scott wasn't home! Maybe you could type up a little note that says, "Uhm, my young children & I would appreciate it if you could keep it below a thousand decibels after 10pm ('cause that's probably the noise curfew). Thank you." and attach it to some baked goods.

*julie* said...

Haha! What really amazes me is that you even opened the door AT ALL. Chain or no chain, I would have hid in the corner of the girls' bedroom until he went away.
(I do that now with my neighbor, but she's never drunk. I just like to be a hermit sometimes. My boys don't get it, "Why can't we answer the door Mom?!")
But in your case, I think you're totally expected to call the police on 'em if they're that darn obnoxious that late at night! Maybe you could convince one of the other neighbors to call on them.

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I like your new page layout! :o) I agree with Jillian. Cookies always go over well. ♥ If that doesn't work, call the police and say you wish to remain anonymous and have the police knock on their door at night, hee, hee!

Lisa said...

I should probably clarify that our complex has "quiet hours" between ten pm and seven am, and they don't play their music during that time. They do sometimes start it at seven in the morning, and play it ALL DAY. The constant thump of the bass tends to wear on ones nerves after a while. And technically there are no specific "Don't get drunk and knock on peoples doors in the middle of the night hours", something to suggest to the manager maybe:)

Jerilee E. said...

I would completely freaked if some drunk guy came a knockin' on my door that late at night... with no husband home! I would say call the police, but I don't know if I would do that- because I'm scared of that, too! So, basically I am no help at all... but I would like to think that I would beat them up for you if I lived closer ;).
My word verification is 'befetour' which to me would be someone very knowledgeable about beef... French beef.