Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Potent Quotables

I am not a morning person. Not. At. All. However, if I don't get all my more major daily goals taken care of in the morning then it's just not going to happen. Specifically, exercising. I have been trying to be more consistent about running this year, which kind of makes it embarrassing that my run this morning was only my third time out so far this month. Yep. Oh, I've got my excuses, sick babies, sick self, but I think what it comes right down to is it's so much easier not to go out into the windy, gray morning and run until you feel like dying (a point I usually reach somewhere around mile one), than it is to actually do it. BUT last night, after a day in which I definitely did not run and probably didn't do well with other resolutions either, I was desperate to get my sluggy morning self to feel the same resolve to have a better go at the day.
Clearly, I needed a mantra.
Wanna know what I picked?
I'll tell you in a minute, first I want to ask you, what motivates you? What 'mantras' do you tell yourself to get yourself fired up? Or out of bed? Or out the door? I'm looking for anything here people. My laziness is so ingrained that I need to trick myself by having a new one maybe as much as every day. It can be serious, it can be silly, if it works for you please share it with me.
So my mantra for today was
"I can grab bulls balls!"
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, and I don't necessarily go around talking like that, but last night there was just something about Josie Grossie that spoke to me. It may have something to do with the uncanny resemblance.
And I'm not kidding you when I tell you that it really helped.
Anyway, that was mine, what's yours?
And if by some crazy twist of fate you don't know who Josie Grossie is, you might want to watch this. I would.

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Well I don't have any particular mantra, but wow, that one you had today was um, wow! I have to say everytime I look at your blog and see Tillie's picture to othe right, I laugh! Seeing her picture just makes me break out into a HUGE SMILE! She's adorable as all your girls are! She would be my mantra! :o)

Scott and Jillian said...

That's a fun movie. And Michael Vartan...Ooh la la!

"I'm not Josie Grossie anymore!!"

Lisa said...

Thanks Jerilee! That reminded me of another good one, Keep it simple stupid. Great advice. Hurts my feelings every time:)