Friday, October 9, 2009

Tillie Makes Me Laugh

First I have a couple of silly Tillie stories I want to share: I took this picture of her because she came up to me and when she couldn't get her shirt over her head, she told me in such a sad voice "I'm a lion."
I was just walking up the stairs behind Tillie so naturally I gave her a couple of little swats on the bottom, and when she said "hey!" I said "sorry, you've just got such a cute little Tillie butt!" And she said "yeah, and you have a big girl butt". Boy howdy is she right about that!
Also, every now and then Tillie catches me in my underwear she's always pretty quick to tell me to put some clothes on, but the cute thing is that since she has seen The Little Mermaid more than a few times sometimes she'll point to my bra and call it my shells. I just think she's cute and I'm sorry to have mentioned being in my underwear, but I didn't know how else to tell the story.
Moving on...
I'm sorry to tell you Mom and Jerilee that none of your guesses about Adelaide and her hat were correct, maybe this will give you a better ideaBoth LaRue and Matilda are going as Little Red Riding Hood (yes both, we've known since the beginning of the year that LaRue would be Little Red, and I like to have the girls be theme-y so I gave Matilda the choice of being the Grandma, the Woodsman, or also Little Red - I don't want her to have a second fiddle Halloween complex where LaRue is always the star and Tillie is always a supporting character - so after much vacillating between the woodsman and Little Red, Little Red was her pick) and Adelaide is going to be the grandma, before she becomes a wolfy snack.
So do we think that having her in her special hat, a long frilly-ish nightgown and hanging out with two Little Reds will get her costume message across, or is there something more I should do? I thought it might be cute to sew wolf ears to the hat as though they were poking through, but does that confuse things too much? It would be the only wolfy thing about her, is that okay? So many questions, what should I do!?

4 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I'm sure the little wolfey ears will be spectacular! She will be so cuge and so will the little 'reds'! Tillie-tales, always so cute! :o)

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Aaargghh! I meant 'cute!' I've been cleaning, curing blackboards and erasing them at our new stake center all day, 27 blackboards I might add, so my hands are shot! :o)

Jerilee E. said...

Yeah- I wouldn't have guessed that. But what a great idea! She will be an adorable old granny :). I think the wolf ears would be cute! All three of my girls are going to be some sort of ballerina- so we are all for the matchy costumes!

*julie* said...

Yep, I'd have to say go for the ears. My guess, that I failed to post, was Miss Moffet too. I suspect ears will make her a dead ringer for granny wolf with the two Little Reds. Cute idea Lisa!