Monday, October 12, 2009

Busy Busy Busy like a Halloweeny Bee

It's official, remember that stringent project schedule I mentioned earlier? As of today, I'm officially behind. I blame it on Halloween and on this post here, particularly this picture.For some reason I became obsessed with this as a decoration idea. I think the simplicity of it really appealed to me. HA! Cut to me, up until one in the morning on Friday night, cursing myself for thinking glittery silhouettes would be so much better than regular ones. Sheesh. But here it is in all it's Halloween-ish glory. The picture is not necessarily the best but I really do like our little tree. I was also in love with the idea of having a few orange and black pom poms hanging above it but I was too cheap to buy the necessary tissue paper, so I tried making some paper baubles as a substitute and they were such a disaster it's hardly even worth mentioning, so let's pretend I didn't.If there was anything good that came of wasting so much time on those gall darned paper baubles it is that by the time I threw the whole mess away I felt completely done with Halloween craftiness and now I can get back to (and hopefully catch up with) my project list.
Also this is my 200th post! That's quite a bit of nonsense out of this lady.

5 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Lisa tha is simply darling! :o)
Did you try the Dollar store for the tissue paper???

Scott and Jillian said...

Wow! That is so cute! I love it!

*julie* said...

Very cool and I like yours even better than the original.

Jerilee E. said...

That's amazing! I agree- I think yours is better than the original. What did you make the tree out of? That may be a silly question...

Lisa said...

Thanks guys! I used black poster board, the cheapest that they had. I went thinking I'd find a roll of black craft paper or something, but I was seriously on a mad dash through the store and didn't see any so, poster board it was! It's four sheets taped together on the back side.