We saw puppies and rabbits and horses, oh my! The girls got to ride ponies, it was probably about a five minute ride and Tillie said "giddy-up, giddy-up!" basically throughout the entire thing.


They went on a "ferris wheel" which not only looked a little rickety but was also operated by a boy who looked to be about fifteen years old. We play it super cautious like that. LaRue loved it though and shouted down to me "I can see everything from up here!"

Ahh, the super slide. LaRue went twice, Tillie was going to go twice but as LaRue was getting set up with her sliding blanket, Tillie thought better of it and took the stairs back down. I do have to say I was pretty impressed with her. She's going to turn three next month but she was very brave about trying everything, the pony, the ferris wheel, the slide, she's unstoppable.

On to the bouncing castle with two older girls who seemed a little put out to be joined by two littles, but I couldn't quite bring myself to care about that.

And yes, we even looked at pumpkins (and by look at I mean: I made the girls pose by them for a minute so that I could pretend that our trip to the pumpkin patch actually had something to do with the pumpkins).

You're probably saying to yourself "Punkin patch? Sounds more like a fun-kin patch!"
No?
I guess I'm the only one ridorkulous enough to think things like that, but it was fun! The weather was perfect, Grandma Laurie, Grandma Joyce and Uncle Adam came with us too which was so nice, and Grandma Laurie treated us to cider donuts and kettle corn - YUM! But I have to say that I think this was my favorite moment. There was a lot more wing flapping and Rue shrieking going on than the picture might initially lead you to suspect
3 comments:
Oh what absolute fun you had! :o) I wish I would have been there! That is the downside to being a 'long distance' grandma! :o( Loved all the cute pictures. Good common sense going on there Tillie! Wait another year or two and the slide will be exciting! :o) LaRue is so cute with that chicken! Ha! ha! Ha! :o0 That was so fun to have extra grandmas along and Adam. Glad your whole family enjoyed their special day! :o)
You changed your background! Looks like Halloween! :o)
So fun! We haven't found any good Halloween/Pumpkin places like that here! They have 'Pick your pumpkin' places and expensive corn maze places but no in between fun places. I'll have to search more.
Tilla is looking so big and mature! I LOVE the picture of LaRue. My mom said that LaRue's face as the little chick tried to climb up her arm was priceless :).
Post a Comment