Monday, August 25, 2008

Tastes Like Fall!

It's no secret that summer is NOT my favorite. So today when I ran into Joanns and saw that all of the summer paraphernalia was relegated to a mark down, clearance table (oh to have an extra $4.50 to buy that Debbie Mumm chicken jar!) and that Halloween and Autumnal decor was filling the seasonal aisles to the brim, my heart did a happy dance. Oh Fall, I love you, let's always be together, until Winter of course. But I would gladly forgo Spring and Summer in order to have more time together. So in honor of pushing summer unceremoniously out the door and ushering in a cool and glorious fall I made some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies . Yum! (Please ignore the smudginess of the plate in the picture.) And this is the easiest possible cookie recipe in all of the whole wide world. Now, it's not like they're the most delicious, amazing cookies ever, but they are yummy and, I can't stress this enough, oh so easy.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 box spice cake mix
1 small can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix, just pumpkin)
1 bag chocolate chips
Mix all three ingredients together. Scoop onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
Makes about two and a half dozen depending on how big you make them and of course, how much of the dough you eat.

Also in honor of fall on tonights dinner menu: Turkey TV Dinners. Maybe that sounds gross to you, but I am embarrassingly excited, though that may have something to do with my not having to cook.

7 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I hope you ate some for me! They look delicious! I'm so glad you love Fall!
Love ya!
Mom :o)

Renman said...

Lisa,

I'm feel exactly the same; If it were up to me I'd have Autumn all-year round. Those pumpkin cookies look great. I know what I'll be making this weekend.

~Chris

emily said...

I love fall too...and I love all the fall decorations! Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe. I love anything pumpkin.

amanda said...

oh i love fall too but i'm a summer girl at heart. i'll have to try those cookies they sound and look great. thanks.

Jerilee E. said...

As a fellow hater of the sun, I am right with ya! I can't wait for stupid summer to be gone. Of course that means 2 weeks of Fall here in Utah and then bring on the snow. :)I still take snow over the blazing hot sun.

Campbell said...

I love Pumpkin Cookies but I never knew how to make them so thanks for the recipe. I just hope mine will look as good as yours.

bizyscissors said...

My two favorite seasons are spring and fall which here in AZ those seasons are a little different I sure miss the seasons.Fall because you get rid of the heat and the different colors and smells,Spring because it isn't cold and things are brightening up and my most favorite of all the orange blossoms that is the best smell ever!