I made the pattern using a picture off of an LDS clip art program that I have entitled LDS Clip Art, and I think it's my favorite project that I've made so far. I've been cross stitching off and on since I was twelve but took up making my own patterns about five years ago. Every project that I work on I always think that after I've finished it up I'll put it in a frame. Well, I've got a binder full of completed projects and I have yet to frame a single one of them.
Thanks to the internets though, I've recently realized that the hoop itself can be a charming little frame, so that is where it shall stay (above photo via flickr). I may paint the hoop at some point, or glue a ribbon around the outer edge to give it a tidy bow for hanging but after eight months of working on it and three some months to go before I need it for decorating purposes, I'm in no hurry. In fact if I get around to it before five Christmases from now I'll be amazed at my promptitude.
8 comments:
How do you make your own patterns from the existing picture?
Clip art is the absolute easiest because you can print it right onto your graph paper, but basically you pick what you'd like to do, trace it, so it's just outlines and then you copy the tracing onto the tiniest graph paper you can find. I got mine at the college bookstore. For the size I made this one I actually printed it onto four pages. Anyway, once it's on the graph paper, stitch your heart out! All of my creations are pretty kindergarten, very make the outlines and color it in, I'm not too worried with shading and what have you. But my favorite places to get pictures are the stampin up catalogs, clipart programs and the Lang calendar site.
I love it Lisa! You are so awesome!
I also love the fact that you made your two nieces the cutest little needlepoint kits with those cute mini lunch boxes and filled them with thread, scissors, etc. and gave them a hoop and got them started! You should have them take a picture of their finished product and post it on dropshots! What a great auntie! :o)
Love ya!
Mom :o)
That's just amazing to me. You are so talented and awesome. Cross-stitching is completely beyond me.
Thanks for posting the animal bums, because I was indeed curious how much didn't make the final cut. It's so cute Lisa. I can't wait to see your wall of hoops some day ;) I keep meaning to tell you how much Brynnly is enjoying her new art form thanks to you. She keeps the kit at our house, but she's nearly done with her flower. And you can bet it's getting displayed when she's finished. Thanks Auntie Lisa, you rock!
Thanks for the instructions! I enjoy cross-stitch, and I enjoy looking at the final product of fancy ones with shadowing and color, but I don't have the patience for them. I enjoy things more like this scene...blocks of color instead of 7 shades of pink/peach in a face, for example. I'd like to do more cross-stitching, but wondered about how to convert from a drawing/graphic to a pattern. Now I know! And if you wanted to share some of your patterns, I wouldn't object. ;)
that is so cute. just in time for christmas this year. great job
Wow! It is amazing! I've always liked the outcome of cross stitching, but I've never been patient enough. Kudos!
Post a Comment