Monday, August 8, 2011

Drive In Time!

We love us a good trip to the drive in, and we try to go at least once every summer.
Things have to align just perfectly, the first movie has to be one that the girls would be interested in, and the second one has to be one that Jordan and I are interested in, and it has to be on one of Jordans long weekends. This only happened once last summer and we drove all the way out there, but alas! They were sold out. Tragedy.
The line of cars was pretty long when we got there this time, so we weren't sure if we were going to make it in, and guess what?
We were the very last car.
That was a close one, folks.
But I really do LOVE the drive in, which is why I keep blogging about it when we go even though it doesn't get any more interesting to read about, and even though my pictures are not exciting.

As the last car in we had to take the one open spot, which was in the very front row. We weren't sure what to think about that, but it was totally fine, and the girls got to play in the front while we waited for things to get started.

We definitely try, you should too!

I didn't remember them doing this the last time we were there, but I totally loved it, and everyone honked and cheered at the end of the song.
I love America!
Going to the Drive In is what patriotic people do.

Sad spiel about how the Drive In is dying off and please support the concessions stand.
Don't have to ask us twice.
Oh, and we saw Cars 2 and Cowboys and Aliens which were both pretty fun... In case you were wondering:)

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

What a fun night! Drive-ins are soon going to be gone I fear. They are fun to go to! I'm glad your family got in even if you did have to go way up front! ♥

Jerilee E. said...

We love the drive-in! Mark and I aren't quite as nice- we see what we want to see :). Luckily our kids are big nerds and are usually all asleep by 9pm anyway.