Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Solstice!

It's that time of year again!
When the Newby girls lace up their shoes and head to the college to participate in the Summer Solstice run.
Good times and TOO many pictures, but I can't help it and I don't care!

And they're off!
Rue and Tillie are on the outside of the track in this picture.

They started off holding hands, but LaRue pulled ahead for a spell.

But they reunited for the home stretch, which I of course thought was the cutest thing in the whole wide world.

Getting closer...

Almost there...

They did it!
Tillie had some tears because she wanted me to run it with her like I did last year, but we just barely got the girls to the starting line in time, so there was a bit of confusion, and she took off running, so I thought she'd be okay.


Running around and playing, waiting for Mommy to finish her run.

Still waiting...

We actually got some video of me during the race this year, and I'm even gonna go ahead and show it. Why not, right?


If you skip forward to :30, you will just see me going by.

And oh look, here I am again.
Bad feelings about my appearance aside I am so happy to tell you that I beat last years time by one minute and eight seconds, holla!

Afterward we cooled off by a fountain with some very refreshing popsicles, mine was so refreshing that it frostbit my lip. It was stuck on there pretty good, and took a minute of frantic tugging to get it off.
I'm pretty sure it was a REALLY attractive moment for me AND it still hurts.

In this picture we have Tillie performing What is This Feeling? from Wicked whilst eating her popsicle.
She's one talented cutesy button.

Happy Summer Solstice, everybody, see you next year same time, same place!

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Loved your post! Those little girls really are cute! I loved how they were holding hands! Even little Adelaide had fun! You are NOT in that movie! You're sweet and cute yourself! ♥

*julie* said...

LOVE IT!
Thanks for the good chuckle to start my day ;)
So cute that you guys have a the Summer Solstice tradition!
And way to improve your time sister!

Jerilee E. said...

oh, Lisa, you are so hilarious ;P. You look nothing like ANYthing in that video. Great job on the time!! In the heat, even! I just love those girls of yours- look how cute they are running hand in hand.
I'm not sure why you have to make one of your girls cry after every race, though. I'm kidding- so kidding. :)