Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Day at the Coast

We spent a day at the coast over the weekend so that I could run in the Newport Marathon.
I survived it, yay!

We actually went kind of separately so I could concentrate on the running.
My friend Salli came with me, and Jordan, Rand and Joyce went together and brought the girls with them.

LaRue took lots of pictures from the backseat, this being one of my favorites

They got to stay in a motel and eat chips.

They spent some time at the beach.





And they climbed on rocks.

They also got to go an aquatic center and see an octopus, and they stopped at Mo's for a delicious lunch.
I'm so glad that they got to have some fun this weekend!
HUGE thanks to Rand and Joyce for coming out to cheer me on, and making this adventure possible for these girls!

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

What a neat grandpa and great grandma! I'm so glad they got to go and have fun and a little vacation too! :o) Stellar run girl! :o)

amanda said...

i look up to you. that is so cool that you ran that. you inspire me. i want to be like that someday. great job

Jerilee E. said...

I'll say it again- I'm so glad they got to come see their mom as she finished something so amazing! I guess that warm weather was nice for them, even if it wasn't ideal marathon weather! Such cute little beachy girls.