LaRue lost her second tooth last night!
Her tooth was SO loose, and I asked her if I could wiggle it.
I had barely wiggled it, and it came right out.
We were both pretty surprised!
Her tooth was SO loose, and I asked her if I could wiggle it.
I had barely wiggled it, and it came right out.
We were both pretty surprised!
So we had to scurry around and write a note to the tooth fairy, explaining that we accidentally lost the tooth somewhere by the stairs, and could she please use her tools to find it?
LaRue also kept asking if the tooth fairy is real, because some kids at school had told her that it was just your parents.
That made me sad. I always feel like she's growing up too fast, but I'm not determined that she should believe in the tooth fairy. The thing is, she was asking right in front of Matilda, and I didn't want to ruin it for Matilda before she even loses her first tooth, so we just kind of said yes, that we believed she was real. And then I felt bad for lying. But is it wrong to want to preserve her innocence and sense of wonder? I say no.
3 comments:
It is not bad to want them to enjoy believing it longer. I want my kids to be innocence forever. I love them that way. Love you and congrats on the run, you inspire me.
Keep their innocence as long as possible! Is there a Santa? You bet! It's the spirit of Santa, keep on giving! (Not so much materially, but you know what I mean!)
Such a sweet little toothless girl! Dominic is just now getting to the "is that really real?" phase. I'm okay with it for him. The girls, though- I don't know if I'm ready for it.
Post a Comment