Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Blustery Day For Pumpkins

I think this picture pretty much says it all...

We picked a very rainy and windy day for our little foray to the pumpkin patch this year. Although the past few days the weather has been very changeable, so while LaRue and her sad umbrella might have almost blown away as we were getting out of the car, about ten minutes later things had let up quite a bit, and there was even some sun shining as we rode the little train out to the pumpkins.


I love this crew.


We climbed on hay.
Very gray, very wet.


We fell in puddles (mostly that was just Adelaide).
And we picked out pumpkins.


We saw a double rainbow.
Though, we didn't find it quite as moving as some do.


Then we were ready to head back and get out of the C-C-C-COLD!


Blustery or not, it was a fun little adventure.

8 comments:

*julie* said...

Your girls are just too cute! I miss them so much - that Adelaide is getting way too grown up way too fast!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Bring on the hot baths and Vitamin C! What a fun adveneture! ♥

emily said...

Cute! Adelaide is so big! And glad the sun came out if for no other reason than seeing a double rainbow. I love the double rainbow guy! "What does this mean?"

Sandra said...

I absolutely love those pink rain slickers! I need to own one for myself!

emily said...

I'm sure you've seen this double rainbow song...but Scott and I are totally addicted to it! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA
We had to listen to it again after reading your post!

Campbell said...

Looks like fun! you gotta love the rain!

Lisa said...

Emily, Ooooh my goodness, I hadn't listened to Double Rainbow the song. That was amazing. Thank you:)

Jerilee E. said...

so, Adelaide seriously does look too grown up! I can't wait to kiss her little face- I'm sure she can't wait, either ;).
I'm sad that we can't go to this pumpkin patch with you guys anymore! My older kids remember it very well and we have nothing really like it here. We can live it through you guys, though- that will do...