Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Solstice

Happy day late Summer Solstice, everybody!
I love that our weather around here has still largely been deliciously gloomy, and now the days are going to be getting shorter and shorter.
It gives me hope that this summer won't be as sweltering as last year.
Anyway, I'm not here to talk to you about how much I don't love summer, you really should know that about me by now.
I'm here to tell you about participating in the Summer Solstice run this year.

Remember this from two years ago?

Well we went again this year, and this time Tillie got to race too!

Here are Rue and Tillie, showing off their racers numbers.

All the kids lined up, ready to start.

Tillie was very reluctant to run once the race actually started, I ended up running it with her holding hands. We came in almost last, but I was proud of her for running the whole way.
Here she is collecting her ribbon.

LaRue did great, she ran really fast, and I would guess that she was among the first in her age/size group, but she was devastated that she didn't win the whole thing - there were a few ten and eleven year olds in there, several kids older than her for goodness sakes! She demands excellence of herself, I guess.

I'll spare you the picture of myself -you're welcome- it would look exactly like the one I posted two years ago. BUT I did want to mention that I ran the 5K again this year, my only goal was to beat my time from two years ago, and I did! I came in a minute and twenty seconds faster, booyah!
It felt good to do it, and I hope we do it again next year.
I'm thinking my goal for 2011 will be to have Jordan run it with me, what do you think?

3 comments:

Scott and Jillian said...

Woo hoo!! Good job, guys!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Hurray LaRue and Tillie! Good job girls! Good job that their 'mom' ran it too! I agree, Jordan and Lisa should run together! :o)

Jerilee E. said...

yay! you guys are so awesome! I'm voting for Jordan running with you, too :). I would totally run with you if I were there. Except it would probably be a 5k WALK for me.