It seems like only yesterday I was posting about her first day, I seriously cannot believe how crazy fast this year has gone by.
So here is a picture of LaRue from her first and last day, side by side.
I think we can all agree that one school year later, she is still a squirmy little picture taker.
Don't even get me started on LaRues shoes in the last day picture...ick.I got to help with the class on the last day, and they had quite a party.
LaRue had such a wonderful year, and considering how scared I was to send her in the beginning, I couldn't be more thrilled with how well everything went.
We just adore Mrs. Clement and don't think there is a better Kindgergarten teacher out there.
We love Mrs. Thornley too!
With that in mind, I put these little boxes together for a little thank you, I thought they came out cute enough.
I went to the teacher supply store (my FAVORITE) and picked up some library cards and pockets (I'm not sure why, but I just completely nerd out over things like that). I wrote a thank you note on the library cards and slipped them into the envelopes, and LaRue wrote them both a little note which we stuck in there too. I made the band using some cute scrapbooking paper that I found at Michaels.
Anyway, nothing fancy, just thought I'd share.
Now, only a few months to brace myself for the first grade and FULL days, yikes!
4 comments:
Oh how exciting! I love the hair cut on thing 1 and I loved your little treat boxes. I think the first day of all day school will be hard but you will find ways to keep yourself occupied right lisa??? (crocheting cute cute stuff!)
Those boxes are so cute! I hope to be able to make cute gifts for teachers some day. I like LaRue's last day picture. She's getting so big! Also I just bought that same orange shirt for Anna. Awesome!
Hee hee, I know EXACTLY what you meant by kachunky stamp. We actually have one of those at our school, but only for something office related. Which means I will likely never get to have the privilage of making it go "ka-chunk" - so sad, I know.
And would you please tell that cute LaRue, "NOT SO FAST!" She's too little to be a 1st grader for heaven's sake!
LaRue is taller! She's such a cutie pie! I love her red hair too! Those boxes are so cute! Kachunk, hmmm. we'll have to see if we can find one! :o)
Post a Comment