Friday, June 4, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Matilda has been in desperate need of a haircut for about one hundred years now.
She's never actually had her hair cut before, so it was very long, and very straggly.
It was also completely impossible to keep combed or clean.

So here are the BEFORE pictures,

Model pose

And from the back.
Her hair is freshly washed here, so this is about as good as we could get it lately.
Remember that I have absolutely ZERO hair prettifying skills.

So off we went to Little Clippers.
Have you ever been to a Little Clippers?
The girls thought it was the most magical place, they definitely didn't want to leave when the haircuts were over.
Luckily, I thought to bribe distract them with the promise of cookies, so, no tantrums.
Yay.

BUT we were talking about Tillies new haircut,
here is the AFTER:I think she's adorable, though honestly she could be completely bald and I would still think she was the most adorable thing.

She likes her "big girl" hair cut too, which is a plus.
I have to admit that it was a little emotional for me watching her hair get cut, which I so did not expect given how completely frustrated I've been with her long hair for the past few months, and how much we were looking forward to chopping it.
It's all good though, like any normal mother I now have an entire envelope filled with Matilda hair hanging out in my purse.

6 comments:

amanda said...

i can't lie i haven't be able to look at your blog for a long time and you just make me laugh. thanks.

Campbell said...

She looks super cute!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

She's so adorable! I love it! She looks 5 years old now! ♥

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

What a DOLL!!! It's so cute. I bet you are LOVING combing it out now after baths. Give her a squish for me!

Jerilee E. said...

such a little model diva pose! she looks so cute with her new haircut. Sage got her hair cut today and all she would say was "I wanna look like Ruesie- cut my hair like Ruesie's". i'm pretty sure she thought she would look in the mirror and have red hair.

*julie* said...

Cute, cute, cute! So how is it that you and I have a lack of "hair prettyfying skills"? Oh, I know, Michelle got them all.