Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Get My Ya-Yas From Ikea. You Have to Put Them Together Yourself, but They Cost a Little Less.

On what could almost be called a whim today, we loaded up the whole family and headed out to Ikea. Oh Ikea how I love thee, if I were a poet I would write a sonnet either to or about you. Contented sigh...
We didn't go for the whole show because I basically knew what I wanted - CD size storage boxes in an effort to organize the fabric into submission, it's taking over! So we stuck to the kids area and the storage/organization area. I thought the girls would be the ones goggling over everything in the kids area, and while they did their fair share it was me who wanted to buy up everything in the place. Almost everything there is too adorable! I had to content myself with only picking up this little numberOnly $14.99 yall! Plus the other side is a chalkboard and there's a place to put a paper roll that you pull up and over should you be in the mood for crayons or paints (and by you I of course mean the kids, it's for the kids of course!). I'm ridiculously giddy, let's hope Matilda feels the same way come the morning of her birthday. Oops, I hope you're not reading this Tillie!
Of course when we moved onto the storage/organization area it did not disappoint. I totally nerd out over compartments and shelving and boxes, oh my! You might think this means I'm organized, it really seems like I should be, hmmm... Anyway, I found what I'm sure will be just the thing to head me in that direction. (Is anyone else seeing Liz Lemon lament "my decorganizers!" no?)
To sum up, I loves me some Ikea and the next time I need to buy 100 tea lights for 3.99, you know where I'll be heading.

5 comments:

Scott and Jillian said...

Ha ha! We just went to Ikea last week, and I totally love that place! The Smalland is great, too. ;) I was sad that I didn't get to look around on the top floor where they have all the rooms set up in displays. Still love it, though. *Sigh*

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Great place. I haven't been for sometime. Tillie should love the board and I'm sure her sister LaRue will too! :o) Are you still going to do the peg board idea with the big clamps?

Jerilee E. said...

I love IKEA- I am going to get Sage the easel for either her birthday or Christmas. I also need some sheets... and bookshelves. I always buy too many things...

emily said...

I LOVE Ikea and want to live there. I always want to buy everything in the kids section. And also I can't wait for 30 Rock to start back up. ;) Happy Decor-ganizing!!

The Polka Dot Apron said...

Can I tell you the joy that swelled inside of me when they put an Ikea near SLC?? I L-O-V-E it and can never get enough of their Swedish meatballs!!