Thursday, September 10, 2009

o. ver. whelmed.

Today was the big day. My darling Ruesies first day of Kindergarten. I almost can't even stand it. Here in the O.C. they only do half days for the Kindergarten kids, so her actual class time is only two hours and forty minutes. I'd probably feel kind of indignant about that if it weren't the only thing getting me through this. Not to mention that she has the afternoon time slot which means I don't have to have her up ready and to the school at eight in the morning, small mercies. Since I am feeling a little overwhelmed, maybe I'll overwhelm you with pictures of LaRue. Sounds good.


Here we are, all ready for school. Words cannot express Matildas sadness at not being allowed to go too.



Just the school girl. This pose? All her. The next shot had evolved to her looking like she had to use the restroom.


In front of the school with her little friend Dorian. They are too small to go in my opinion.

Cute. My heart cries "Don't leave me!"


Getting a taste of the playground before actually going to class.
Once we got to class she ran off to play dress ups while I tried to figure out where to put our supplies, talk to the teacher about picking up after school, and pick up my packet of papers to take home, only about a gazillion things to read over - good thing she doesn't go back until Monday. While I was doing all of this LaRue kept telling me "Bye Mom. Bye Mom." Geez LaRue, I can take a hint alright? I've just got some stuff to figure out first. In the end I was not ready at all to leave, but had to go. LaRue of course was fine, though I'm glad to say I think she was happy to see me when I came back to pick her up. The report is that she had a really fun time and can't wait to go back.

4 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Horray LaRue! Horray Lisa! :o
You made it! That first one cheering because they 'finally' can go to school and the 'boo hooing' for parents 'letting go' is tough! LaRue looks radiant and so eager! She looks so cute! That sweet little shy coy poise is so cute! Give her big high 5's and hugs and kisses for us! :o) xoxoxoxoxo

Jerilee E. said...

She's so freakin cute! So many memories from that school ;). She does look small! Sounds like you were a brave mom- yay for school!

Campbell said...

I can't believe she is old enough to go to kindergarten! She is so cute!

*julie* said...

That shot with Dorian, where they are absolutely tiny in comparison to the school, makes me think/wonder what their class of little munchkins must look like walking in a line to the library or cafeteria or whatever and looking so itty bitty and cute and like they shouldn't be allowed to wonder through the school without holding someone's hand!