Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lisa to the Rescue!

Remember when I mentioned that my niece Lauren had a sock monkey that she loved to death? Or should I say near death? Well what should turn up in my mailbox the other day out of the blue but this, brace yourselves folks...
Oh my goodness, I didn't see the note until a few hours after I opened the package and actually took her out. Suffice it to say, it made my day. Anywho, after several very delicate surgical procedures, some really good scrubbin', and a brand new dress (I couldn't send her back nekkid after all she's been through), she was in a somewhat more presentable state.
There was some doubt expressed that this could be the same monkey, but I guarantee it folks, she's the very same, except - as my niece and I decided - for being a little older and wiser. Now niece and monkey are reunited and can pick up right where they left off, and I can feel slightly smug about my monkey rescue skills.

4 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Wowser! Awesome 'make-over!' She looks resurrected! You sure do have 'awesome skills' Lisa! I know Lauren is thrilled to be reunited with her 'rescued Sally!' :o)

emily said...

I'm sorry, but that "before" monkey picture makes me laugh and laugh. That is one well loved monkey! Good job on fixing her up - such a miracle worker.

*julie* said...

When I saw Sally a month or so ago Lauren told me she was so skinny her dress wouldn't stay on her anymore! An anorexic monkey. So sad yet so funny :)
Nice work sis. Seriously stunning!

Jerilee E. said...

You are like a miracle worker! You made her look amazing again! I think I need you to do my laundry for me...