Thursday, September 17, 2009

Did You Just Call Me Jelly Belly!?

The other day when LaRue was at school and I felt like trying to be a fun and engaging mommy, I sat down with Matilda to make us some fancy bracelets.Pretty huh? Tasty too.
I got the idea right here. I use bloglines which allows you to "clip" any interesting blog posts to a folder where you can come back to look at them later, well I've got over 300 clippings and it felt like it was time to try some of them.
Tillie had fun picking the colors, I had to poke the needle through of course, then she would slide them down the string. To be honest, her interest waned sooner than mine did. Once we'd made one for her and one for grandma according to Tillies tastes (and in some cases I mean that literally) she wandered off. So I made a few, what can I say? I longed for the 'serenity now' feeling of colors with some kind of pattern.We've got quite a few jelly beans left over in spite of Matildas best efforts to eat as many as she could possibly get away with, so I think it's definitely a fun activity that we'll be coming back to.

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Yum! Yum! :o)

Colburns said...

That is such a cute idea!

emily said...

cute idea!! I've become kind of overwhelmed by my backlog of bloglines clippings. I guess I should sort through them.