Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dressing Up

This Sunday we're going to be blessing Adelaide in church and I'm so excited to be with all the family that will be here. Well my mom has asked a few times in the past month or two if I had tried the blessing dress on Adelaide and did it still fit? LaRue and Matilda were also blessed in this dress but they were both a bit smaller and were blessed around two months old as opposed to Adelaides three. I kept putting off trying it on her with the delusional belief that if I didn't try it on her - and thus didn't find out that it didn't fit - until the day of, then it would just have to fit. Well this morning reality struck and I decided that I'd better know ahead of time what we were dealing with and if it didn't fit I could go pick up a little white cardigan or something and we'd leave the buttons open in the back because come what may, she's wearing this dress. Thankfully it fits just perfectly and she looks just darling in it, so we're all set for the big day. While I was in dressing up mode (the poor child rarely gets to wear anything fancier than a onesie, what can I say? It's hot, and I'm lazy) I tried on an ADORABLE outfit sent to Adelaide from my beloved Michelle and family and that's fitting her just right these days too, yippee! Please to enjoy our little polka dot princess...

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

She is sooo darling and oh so cute! I love that cugte outfit and those boots are so adorable! :o)
Glad the blessing dress fits! Can't wait to see you! :o)

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I do know how to spell, I meant 'cute'. :o)

emily said...

Ooooh! She is so cute. I love those little boots.