Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tennis Anyone?

The idea was, Jordan and I would play a very civilized game of tennis while the girls rode their bikes around the adjacent and empty court. Sounds pretty ideal, right?
Well, when the girls saw how much fun we were having with our civilized game (we are both, so very, very, indescribably bad, we probably looked incredibly awesome stumbling around all over the place and knocking the balls all over creation) and decided they wanted to play too.
Luckily we had brought along our racquetball rackets for just such an eventuality.
So then we were laughing at our little behelmeted "tennis players", I'm a pretty paranoid mom, but not quite paranoid enough to enforce the wearing of helmets during activities that don't actually require them. When seriously about a second later LaRue took a hefty swing right into Tillies head.
Whoops. Maybe the helmets weren't so silly after all...

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Good thing the helmets were on! Tell Tillie she has to be two racquet lengths from people when swinging! :o)

I remember when Douglas was playing baseball and this one kid wanated to be right where an unmpire would be. The kid up to bat swung back and 'wham' the kid standing behind him that wanted to see up closeo was flat on the ground seeing stars! We had to call 911 and they had to take him to a hospital. He was seeing double!

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Ooops, I meant LaRue needs to stand back. At least this time LaRue wasn't on the receiving end of Tillie's activities!

Jerilee E. said...

I miss tennis! I remember trying to take our kids to the tennis courts when we had 3.. it turned out about the same- minus the extra rackets. I was laughing as soon as I saw this picture. I thought you guys had made them wear helmets to play tennis! cute cute.