We went through their toybox and found as many of their little figurine-y toys as we could, I put a towel on the table, filled a couple of pots and pans with water, some soapy, some not, and let them have at it. They were entertained for almost two hours. Seriously. And wiping up what water got on the floor afterward was as close to mopping as I'm likely to get, so, bonus. Also, the name they came up with for this "actibity" is Water Bath, which is just good clean fun for the whole family.Sunday, July 19, 2009
Actibities
Things (mostly meaning me) have been feeling kind of crazy around here lately, I want to blame most of it on the heat, and whatever is left over on LaRue and Matilda. Yesterday, the girls were having a snack at the table and kept dipping one of their little fairy toys in LaRues cup of water. Of course my initial inward response was irritation (my initial inward response is almost always irritation these days) but then I realized that although they had gotten a little bit of water on the table, they were playing nicely, and somewhat quietly, why fight it? Then it hit me - and this was like a clouds parting, sunlight breaking through type of realization - It was only water. Boom! Sudden clarity, it's only water! So I decided to kick it up a notch.
We went through their toybox and found as many of their little figurine-y toys as we could, I put a towel on the table, filled a couple of pots and pans with water, some soapy, some not, and let them have at it. They were entertained for almost two hours. Seriously. And wiping up what water got on the floor afterward was as close to mopping as I'm likely to get, so, bonus. Also, the name they came up with for this "actibity" is Water Bath, which is just good clean fun for the whole family.
We went through their toybox and found as many of their little figurine-y toys as we could, I put a towel on the table, filled a couple of pots and pans with water, some soapy, some not, and let them have at it. They were entertained for almost two hours. Seriously. And wiping up what water got on the floor afterward was as close to mopping as I'm likely to get, so, bonus. Also, the name they came up with for this "actibity" is Water Bath, which is just good clean fun for the whole family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
that is such an awesome idea!! i am going to try that... my floor needs a good moppin'!! I am also very impressed with the running in the heat. I don't like to go out in the heat... let alone run!!
Awesome Lisa! Give yourself a big pat on the back! What a great mom! :o) The girls will cherish this memory! Cute pics of the girls! Adelaide is growing up too fast! :o0
Post a Comment