We all know I love me some gnomes, and oh, these hats make me laugh so hard inside. But the girls truly believe they look just like Rapunzel hats and I think that's great. I won't even mention to them that the hats make them look less like princesses and more like they should be hanging out with this guy.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Rapunzel, Rapunzel...
A couple of days ago I was trying to make the most of Matildas nap time by finishing up a little project I was working on. As I sat at the desk with my sewing machine and sewing basket LaRue wandered up and said wistfully "I wish I could cut and sew". So even though I knew it would mean a thousand interruptions, I gave her a pair of child scissors, some felt and some embroidery floss on a needle and let her have at it. After some random stitching LaRue decided she wanted to make a hat, more specifically a Rapunzel hat. After a few frustrated attempts on her part and some help from me, here is where we landed.
We all know I love me some gnomes, and oh, these hats make me laugh so hard inside. But the girls truly believe they look just like Rapunzel hats and I think that's great. I won't even mention to them that the hats make them look less like princesses and more like they should be hanging out with this guy.
We all know I love me some gnomes, and oh, these hats make me laugh so hard inside. But the girls truly believe they look just like Rapunzel hats and I think that's great. I won't even mention to them that the hats make them look less like princesses and more like they should be hanging out with this guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HA HA HA HA HA HA I am laughing my butt off right now. That is too cute. I seriously saw the pictures and assumed by little project you meant making gnome costumes for the girls for Halloween...until I kept reading. We'll keep it a secret though. Rapunzel they are. :0)
DAVID THE GNOME!!! Love. it. Those hats are cute. I wont' tell--as long as you don't tell my kids that you're supposed to put money in arcade games. ;)
Ha! Ha! Ha! What cute little gnomes! Ooops! I mean 'Rapunzels!'
The little movie clip was cute too. You should make one of your scrapbook postcards of this and make is 14x14 inches for each girl and show it to their boyfriends on their first date! just kidding! :o)
Okay, so I know I'm supposed to comment about how much they look like, ahem, "Rapunzel," but I simply cannot get over how this shot of Matilda makes her look like a teenager. Alright, maybe it's not obvious, but look again. Imagine these two best-friend-sister-gnomes in 10 years, posing in a picture booth. Voila! They DO look like teenagers. Which isn't a far stretch of the imagination when you think of the agility and youthfulness of Mr and Mrs David the Gnome. These girls probably really ARE teenage gnomes! Sorry, the Rapunzel gig is up! And I'm also sorry this is such a lame comment :/
your kids are so stinken cute, can i eat their cheeks!!!?
Post a Comment