Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Little Buggy Turned Two!

Adelaide is a full fledged two year old now!
As of er... Saturday, actually.
I'm lame.
We did celebrate on Saturday though.
And kind of on Sunday.
And definitely again on Monday!
She ended up being pretty sick on Sunday when we were supposed to celebrate with Grandma and Grandpa, so Jordan, Rue and Tillie went over with some cake and ice cream, but the birthday girl stayed home with me and acted sad and sickly:(
But on Monday she was definitely feeling better, yay!

So there was cake, yay!
And this time the birthday girl actually got to have some, yay!
She may not look too happy about it, but she was just making a very serious face at this moment, I can't remember to whom or for what reason.


Licking candles, yum.


Eating ice cream cake, YUM!


She had a pretty good day, and was very spoiled by loved ones.
Thank you everyone who thought of her on her special day.

Two has been fun/interesting so far. She is quite the accomplished tantrum thrower these days, floor flopping, feet kicking, loud wailing, she's got all the classic moves down.
She's starting to talk in sentences more, and each one is a fun surprise.
She definitely knows the letter W, and today she told me A and R when I asked her if she knew them. I was so surprised, she's a total genius, right?
We sure do love our little Adelaide.

4 comments:

amanda said...

She is so cute. And kelly my sis did the disneyworld run this yr and loved it

Jerilee E. said...

aw, cute little Adelaide! She looks so grown up! I apologize for being the worst aunt ever. Someday I will be better... someday.

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

What a cutie pie! She is a pretty little girl. Ahhh, those lovely '2's'! Just makes you want to sing and shout, doesn't it? ♥

The Polka Dot Apron said...

Ooooh! She has the cutest cheeks! So, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet, but I happen to have two strapping boys, one age three, and one age 17 months- both who would be interested in dating your daughter in around 18-20 years (we don't want anything serious happening before missions, you see.) I think we need to arrange something soon seeing as she is bound to be snatched up by another strapping boy (though, not as strapping as my boys are) before long. I am not sure I used the word strapping enough. So, tell me what you think of this arrangement. Strapping.