Super NEW news!
So new, that it is probably ridiculous for me to even mention it this early.

That's right! Disney World, Baby!
Have I mentioned lately that I have the funnest, coolest and most wonderful sister in law?
Well, I have a few of those, really, but the one I am talking about now is the amazing Jerilee.
She's pretty much the best, and I can't believe she ever hangs out with me to be honest with you, but somehow she and I are in on this crazy adventure together, and I couldn't be more thrilled!
I'll give you another hint
If you guessed running the Disney World Half Marathon, you're right!
AND
If you guessed running the Disney World Marathon, you're also right!
That's right friends, we're doing both, it's something the fine people at Disney call
Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge.
You run the half marathon one day, and the full marathon the next.
Are we crazy, or does this sound like a great time?!
Possibly, both of those things are true, we'll find out in January!
You probably have a few questions, things like
'Lisa, have you ever even run a half marathon before?'
(kind of, it wasn't an official race, it was a training run, and my longest one to date, but note the use of the words 'training run' I'm working on it)
Lisa, have you ever even run a full marathon before?
(er, no, but again, training, and I'm totally on plan... okay, I'm totally only a week or two off plan)
Lisa, aren't you too chubby to run a race like this?
(I am not even going to dignify that with a response! Except to say, well, maybe:)
Lisa, are you really going to FLY to Florida?
(YES! But I'm choosing not to think too hard about that one until we've landed)
Okay, I'm sure there are many more questions because, let's face it, aren't we all so fascinated by me? I'm not sure of most of the answers myself, and I fully acknowledge that there is every possibility here for me to fail,
but I'm choosing to focus on all the possibility there is for me to succeed!
I'm officially signed up, officially commited, and officially excited!
6 comments:
You go girl(s)! You WILL make it and have FUN and what an amazing goal to work toward!♥
Wow! That is so awesome! Good luck!! That sounds like it would be so fun...well, except the running a crazy number of miles in a short period of time part. Eat lotsa pasta!! ;)
Yay!! Good for you.
hooray! I'm not amazing, but I am SO, SO very excited for this! Seriously can't wait- 9+ months is so long to wait... but that's good, because WOW, I'm not ready. I'm just so happy :).
Woot!
You go sister!
I am SO. VERY. EXCITED. You are actually choosing to go on a plane and headed off for SUCH the adventure!!!
I'm just so proud of you I could cry!
That's awesome!! Scott and I really want to run the WDW marathon sometime...it's supposed to be lots of fun and flat! I wouldn't consider doing the race and half though...you guys are amazing! I'm sure it will be so fun and you guys will do great!
And you will have to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter if you are already in Florida!!
Post a Comment