Hence my ever present pony tail.
I've always kind of thought that as the girls first start school, teachers and staff might assume that they are being raised by a single dad because no mother would send her daughter off to school with her hair looking like that, right?
Well, I think we have generally done alright with LaRue so far, mainly because her hair is at a reasonable length for just wearing it down. She doesn't want me to mess with it and as long as it gets brushed before she heads out the door I'm fine with that.
Oh, we try the occasional clips and headbands of course, but ten minutes after they've been carefully situated, they're hopelessly askew, hair in complete disarray.
So when LaRue had picture day at school I decided not to try anything fancy and just go with business as usual.
Picture day for LaRue fell on an exceptionally windy day on which us girls at home had no car, so even though we were facing hurricane speed winds, we had to brave the walk to the bus stop. As I waved goodbye to LaRue and blew her a kiss, all I could think was "I hope someone at that school takes pity on this poor child and runs a comb through that nest before they take her picture."
Well today we got the pictures back, and I think that someone must have.
Oh, she is so cute I can't even stand it; and between me and the wind, we can consider the hair a total triumph.
5 comments:
she is so cute. love her hair. i know the feeling. i moved here and every kid seemed to have cute hair and my girls always had ponies. but i;ve done a little better. she is so cute. love your kids costumes are awesome.
I think it's very cute. My mom used to go all out for picture day -- make me wear like a church dress, do my hair with sponge rollers and really poofy bangs, put blush on my cheeks (my mom likes pink), the works. It was really embarrassing. I futilely tried to point out the counteractivity of her behavior by reminding her that the yearbook is a way for students to remember other students, but how would they recognize me if I looked so different from normal?
Whew! Sorry to go off on a tangent about my unsatisfactory childhood! LaRue looks really cute.
What an adorable picture! I LOVE her SMILE! It's so 'LaRue'! Good job Lisa! :o) It makes me feel a little bad about what I forced all my kids to go through on 'picture day' to make them 'picture perfect', except for one year -Michelle-2nd grade-gotta love her hair, 'her way'! Ha! Ha! Ha! I can laugh now, but I cried back then! :o)
She looks adorable!! Her hair looks great down like that. Hali's gets all crazy and poofy if I don't do SOMEthing with it. I told her and Sage the other day that if they kept whining and crying while I did their hair that I would cut it off like my mom did to me :). It seems to have worked so far.
Bless the gene pool that has only given me boys so far. But I agree, despite the wind (of all the days -curses!) LaRue is a total triumph. So cute!
Post a Comment