Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rawr!

A lovely, dear friend of mine is going to have a little baby boy very soon (if you're reading this Liz, Hi! and good luck!) so using my new fave - felt of course! - I made a companion to go with this cute little outfit, one of my new favorite things to do apparently. Have I mentioned how much I like working with felt lately?
Yes?
Oh.
Anyway, I wish the greens were a better match but overall I was pretty happy with how it turned out. In the spirit of full disclosure I guess I should add that I just realized my mom is the one who actually paid for this outfit and I have yet to pay her back. Whoops.
Sorry mom. And Liz, Best wishes with new baby from both me and my mom!

In other news:
Adelaide is in ill favor with me today. She was up screaming and crying all night last night and I don't get to nap all the livelong day like she can. Then she has the nerve to act all cute and smiley so I can't even be as mad at her as I'm tired enough to be. And if that sentence doesn't make sense it is all her fault.

Matilda turns three in a few days, I'm excited for her to have a special day. She's so cute. Whenever I ask her what she wants for her birthday she says "to see grandma and grandpa and be together as a family." How cute is that!?

LaRue is blowing me away with what a little reader she is becoming. She's doing SO good with letter sounds and reading the little books that she brings home from school (yes, I know that a lot of it is memorization and not technically reading, but to sit there and watch her sound out the letters and actually figure out the word that they make just makes me burst with pride).

That's all.
(To be read in a Meryll Streep in The Devil Wears Prada type of way of course.)

5 comments:

amanda said...

that is super cute. don't forget about me having a girl in feb..hint hint!!

Janelle said...

Who cares if the greens don't match?! That's really cute! I'm very impressed. Well done, Lisa!

Jerilee E. said...

Too cute! We still love our little felt doggie :).
I always have a hard time being a loving mom to any of my kids who choose to keep me up during the night. I like my sleep.
I'm so impressed with cute little LaRue! Isn't just so amazing how they can be SO little and figure out how to READ? I didn't realize how hard it is to learn to read until Dominic went into Kindergarten. Hali's slowly but surely picking up on it... but I may go crazy in the process ;).

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Way cute outfit Lisa! I love the dinosaur! The wide red rick rack is perfect! No pay back, please. I hope Liz loves the outfit! :o) It must be genetic, LaRue inherited your genes I guess. You were reading small books by Christmas in Kindergarten and by the time the school year ended you were past a 1st grade reading level. It is exciting to see kids excited about reading! It's such a fun world when you can read! I wonder if Adelaide is cutting teeth. It's so hard on babies, not to mention their mom too! :o) I mailed Tillie's bd gift today! :o)

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

I wish I could have cute footie pjs and a matching toy to boot! I'm so jealous. Very VERY cute!! I mailed Tillie's gift today, I hope it makes it. Brooklynn picked it out and I had to pry her fingers off the package while she kicked and screamed that she simply MUST have it! Nothing grand mind you but I have heard all about how great it is and how she needs one. So if it looks like it's been drug around the house for a week, it has! Again, don't get your hopes up, just a store-bought gift from boring Auntie Michelle, but we love her all the same!!! Hope her day is grand.