Friday, September 18, 2009

It's One Banana Michael. What Can it Cost, Ten Dollars?

Still trying to pretend I'm a mom who does or makes funnish things and filter through some of those bloglines clippings, I made these Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas a few days ago. I followed these instructions found through The Crafty Crow. I had intended to actually have the girls help me make these, but couldn't quite bring myself to let them do it. I did let them help with eating them though. The consensus? The chocolate was good, but neither of them too much enjoyed the actual banana part (I kind of had to agree, it turns out I'm kind of like 'bananas? meh'. But what is this blog if not a journey in self discovery?). It didn't stop us from eating them all up over the next couple of days. Oh, and instead of chopped nuts we used crushed frozen Butterfinger, cuz that's how we roll.

3 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I've had those and I agree, frozen bananas don't taste great. However, make them fresh and eat them. Dip them in the chocolate and roll them in whatever candy you like, freeze then 10-20 minutes to let them set up. Idea-try magic shell for icecream. But fresh taste mucho better! :o)

emily said...

"You've never actually been in a grocery store have you, Mom?" ...or something like that... :)
Crushed frozen butterfingers sound awesome...I must make that!

Jerilee E. said...

Good, now I don't have to try it! You are such a fun mom! Also- I can't wait for the Arr. Dev. movie. yay!