Monday, March 9, 2009

I've Really Been Dreading This

Thrilled as I was to find out we had another little girl on the way, I couldn't help but cringe a little as I looked forward to the time when she would nearly be here and I would have to sort through all the little girl clothes I've been blessed with starting with LaRues arrival. Let me give you an idea of what my storage system has been. If I could squeeze it into one of the clothes boxes, that was where it went. If I could squeeze that box into anywhere, that's where it went.
This is how I spent my weekend:
Step One:
Gather up all the clothes boxes (TEN!) from all three closets and from underneath the bed.

Step Two:
Sorting by size. This picture shows major progress and there's even a system in place here I swear!

Step Three:Okay, well actually step three should show me washing loads and loads of laundry and then hunching over and folding mountains of tiny little clothes, but this feels more impressive... Voila! Sweet little outfits all ready for a snuggly little bundle to come out and wear them, if only she would.

I started this project on Saturday and I just finished it today, if I never touch another piece of laundry again it will be too soon. You will be glad to know though, that everything that didn't make it into her little closet is one hundred times more organized than things were beforehand so as we progress through the sizes I shouldn't have to face another headache like this. Phew!

And on a side note having nothing to do with baby clothes, did anyone else watch The Amazing Race last night? The cameraman TOTALLY did that thing I mentioned at least once last night. Here's an excerpt from my post about it to refresh your memory:

Keep a sharp eye on the camera man! I swear every time some team is in a bit of a mess, they can't find something they dropped, they lost their fanny pack, they're a block away from the place they need to be but just can't seem to find it, the camera always pans from the panicked contestants and zooms in on the very thing they're looking for!

Nothing like feeling smugly vindicated to make one oh so pleased with ones self.

3 comments:

Kenner Family said...

Good Job on getting through the mounds of clothes, I know it can be overwhelming I did it when I had Karlee. By the way I was wondering do you need a infant carseat we bought a new for Karlee and she is hitting a year soon and was wondering if you wanted it. Let me know and I can get it up to you before the baby comes. And I totally agree with you on the Amazing race I so saw it last night. Love you.

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Good job Lisa! One thing you can look forward to when I arrive, I can 'DO the laundry!' :o) When I first looked at the pictures I thought, man is she prepared! Look at all those boxes of diapers! :o)

*julie* said...

I'm a little surprised...
Seriously, I think of you as being such a "every thing has it's place and there's a place for every thing" kind of a girl. And don't try to tell me that's not at least a little bit true because I swear you have a box, basket or bag for everything - which I totally covet.
Sorry, I digress. What I'm really here to say is Wow, sister! You've got some sticktoitiveness - the likes of which I've never seen!
Now how 'bout giving us break from all your productivity so I can stop feeling like such a lump living among my mounds of messes.