Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Voila!

I did it, I actually did it! What a thrilling feeling of accomplishment! And it turns out gussets aren't even all that hard, I did have to re-read the instructions for them about ten times before they made any real sense, in addition to staring at the provided diagram for about six minutes like it was some sort of magic eye picture, but I did it!Of course, now that it's done I have some serious doubts about my fabric choices, and I'm a little bit wondering how much actual use I will get out of it because it's really big. I do think it will be great to take to the hospital when it's go time, and I think it will be a good diaper bag too, so even though I have my doubts, I do still love it and I feel like I can do anything! This puppy has an inner lining, pockets, two kinds of fusibles, pleats, and lest we forget the gussets! I can't wait to pick my next project!I'm thinking I might try dresses for the girls, and just in case you're thinking maybe I'm getting carried away, don't worry. The pattern promises it is sew easy.

8 comments:

emily said...

very cute! That's a good idea, doing 12 sewing projects this year.

*julie* said...

Oh Magic Eye! Good times! And...
Way. To. Go. on your smashing bag! You whipped this little puppy out in no time. How DO you do it?
And at this rate you could be done with your Frenchy Bag before I even start one. So I'm sending it your way! If I need it back before you're done with it, then it's probably not really me who's asking for it ;)

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Darling bag! God job and way to go Lisa! You'll have the ladies at the hospital in envy of it! You'll do great on the dresses. The easy sew patterns are nice! :o)

Kenner Family said...

Great Job Lisa, that bag is so cute. Where did you get the pattern for, what is it. How about washin your bag. Just Kidding ;0)
love ya.

Jenny said...

Lisa. I am loving your bag. Don't double guess yourself about the fabric choices, it's perfect..I've seen like 2 seasons of Project runway, so obviously I know what's what in the fashion world.;)

P.S. So glad I can read your stuff, I've sorely missed your writing since the mission.

Jerilee E. said...

So very cute! I am very impressed. I thought you were just making up words when you started to talk about gussets... or whatever you said! Of course to me patterns are just things I use to start a project and then do my own thing when I get frustrated. The fabric is super cute, by the way!

amanda said...

love the fabric. you are so talented.

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Lisa its so cute! I'm so impressed with you and all your sewing talents. I love the color/fabric choices too. I can't wait to see what you make next.