Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In Which We Take a Wintery Stroll, And a Little Mystery is Solved.

Yesterday morning we were surprised to wake up to some falling snow! It had even stuck, and there was about an entire half inch covering the ground. Well, LaRue was determined to play in it, and since during the entire crazy snowed-in week of Christmas we didn't really let her venture outside except when getting into the car, we decided to go ahead and get cold.
There wasn't enough on the ground to really do anything except tromp around in it, so that's what we did, and it was nice, the snow makes everything seem so quiet, LaRue and Matilda excepted of course.
As for our little mystery, we have been missing one of our Wii controllers for a few months now. There has been no mystery regarding who misplaced it -matilda, Matilda, MATILDA - but we have looked everywhere we could possibly think of in our little place with no luck. That was the problem though, we were only looking inside. Sitting outside on our patio for , well a few months now, has been this plastic Dora backpack, and yesterday when we ventured out there Matilda opened it up and lo and behold, what was inside but our wayward controller! It's a day after Chinese New Year miracle! Jordan says it even still works. God bless us, everyone!

6 comments:

Jerilee E. said...

That just cracks me up! We have two of those little plastic Dora backpacks and I am always finding long lost toys in there. I am so glad you guys found the controller! On a side note- I have decided that snow and I are not friends... but I love LOVE your heart-shaped snowball. It also took me forever to figure out what those girls were standing on.. I was like..tarp? black plastic? What the?? Finally got it.. I am so smart, S-M-R-T.

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

I concur, I concur...with the Dora backpack curse. Just recently I found a long lost something, that at the moment slips my mind, but I found it in a little Dora backpack under Brooklynn's bag. What's with Dora backpacks. Love the heart snowball too and cute BOOTS! Love you and miss you terribly!

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Oops, that was supposed to say Brooklynn's bed, not bag. I too am S-M-R-T.

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Those little girls are so dang cute! I miss them already! I LOVE the HEART snowball! It's so perfect! Not to mention the 'darling' holding it!:o)
Mom :o)

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I LOVE the HEART shaped snowball, er, snow heart! The little 'darling' holding it couldn't be sweeter! Love those two little granddaughters! :o)

Kenner Family said...

At least there was enough snow to make a snow heart. What a sweet valentine card photo. Love you much. Take care.