Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Eight Weeks To Go!

Alternately titled: I May Not Make It Folks

It turns out I'm in agony you guys. Now, I know that I am super blessed to be expecting this little bundle, and I am super excited for her to be here with us on the outside, but I look at my little countdown bubble baby and I think, how can I possibly survive 56 more days!? And let's be honest, I put the 'late' in ovulate because LaRue was a week late and Matilda was ten days late, I'm probably still looking at nine weeks minimum, and isn't it too early to be this despaired over it? Sigh...
I suppose the main thing is that I've always had an issue with belly buttons, ever since sometime in high school, possibly middle school, when I read this Teen magazine health and body question from this girl who was so sick of having an outie bellybutton, and she wondered what would the consequences be if she just went at it with a pair of scissors. I am not making this up people! This has stuck with and horrified me for years, seriously, years. Since then I just don't like bellybuttons or anything having to do with them. Knowing this, you can imagine how depressing it is that mine is sticking out of me like a nose, and has been for way too long now. The girls accidentally and intentionally touch it about twenty times a day, and let's not forget that sometimes it will just rub up on something as I pass by. Also, the little one (who doesn't feel so little at this point) sometimes just hangs out right behind it, wriggling and kicking it and possibly trying to burrow her way through it to the outside. This is not cool, it doesn't hurt - physically - but it just makes me shudder. Eight more weeks!
And forget about having anything to wear, I wish it was like the old days when being seen past a certain point of pregnancy was considered indecent and you entered into your 'confinement' nary to be seen until you were magically a mother.
Oh well, sorry for the random, bellybutton heavy blather, it's just on my mind. I have been working on a project here and there, but nothing I'm ready to show yet, so that's all for now. Oh, and if you happen to see me, try to neither touch, nor stare at my bellybutton. M'kay?

4 comments:

Kenner Family said...

I love you lisa. You will make it, it will be over before you know it. And she will be almsot a year. Time flies.

Jerilee E. said...

Yeah- I'm feelin' ya, sister. My belly button would stick out from about 4 months on with my last 3 kids. Of course my kids felt that they should take every opportunity to touch it.. which made me CRAZY... and I mean crazy. Serious pet peeve. I think you should have this little girl a week or two EARLY while we are there. No pressure or anything ;).

Colburns said...

Hang in there Lisa you will make it. I know the end feels like the never ending story though! I love your bag you made it came out so good

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Lisa, you are so cute and so funny! I enjoyed your post and laughed! There is a book called 'Belly Button Book' by Sandra Boynton. It's a children's book. Check that out at your library. It's cute!
Love ya!
Mom :o)