Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grandmas Are Fun!

And I am not.

Last week my mom and Kirsten came to visit for a few days (I can't believe it was a whole week ago already). As usual my mom spoiled us all in a hundred different ways while she was here, but the girls had the best time ever.

Here they are showing off their snowman pictures that Grandma helped them to make.They are SO proud of their little snowmen, which will probably be hanging on our refrigerator until at least Thanksgiving.

And here is LaRue displaying her culinary masterpiece, Caterpillar Pizza.She and grandma did quite a bit of cooking together while she was here. LaRue LOVES to help cook and I'm mean and don't give her many opportunities in the kitchen. So thank you Mom/Grandma! We all loved having you here and the girls really cannot wait to have you back again!

4 comments:

Scott and Jillian said...

Ok. That caterpillar pizza is *awesome*! Did you just use packaged biscuits?

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Kirsten and I had a great time while we were there! I had fun 'playing' with the girls! Good times! I love the fact that LaRue loves to be in the kitchen and she's such a good helper and a 'very neat and tidy' helper! :o)

To Jillian---
It was premade pizza dough that comes in a baggie at the store. I got it at Winco and it was where the cheese packages are over by the deli. :o) Go to familyfun.com and that's where I got the idea. They have tons of fun things for kids to do!

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

OK, Mom, it is seriously scary sometimes how long you hang on to things. I remember doing those snowmen when I was a kid...and that was a looonnnngggg time ago. I know that's the same pattern! My kids will have absolutely nothing, nothing I tell ya. I toss everything. And, you so need to come for another visit. My kids need your kind of therapy. I'm a bit like Lisa. :0) Looks like everyone had a great time. It's always fun when "Grandma" comes...you know the rest.

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

In my defense, I did not hang onto the snowmen. I just did it from 'memory.' Now that's scarey! I did add the snow on the ground and snowflakes which made it more interesting. :o)

I am looking forward to coming to Utah, date to be determined. Have you made any appts. yet???
I look forward to having 'fun' with your beautiful children and also have some kitchen fun too! :o)