Just in case you were wondering..
A couple of weeks ago (I'm so on top of things) the Barnes and Noble had a little reading/activity event. There were some really cute things about it, they handed out little crowns and read the story to all the little kids.
Then they had a real live Wild Thing come to visit!
Here's where I'm a nitpicky complainer, we had to wait much longer than expected for the Wild Thing to show up (I heard that the employee they had chosen to do it ended up being too tall for the costume so I guess they had some rearranging to do.) Not a big deal, but when you've got an Adelaide to wrangle, it kind of feels like one.
Then they gave the kids a chance to have a little visit with him and shake his hand, but in my opinion they should have had the kids line up, it was kind of a free for all, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a good picture, these were the best I could do.
It didn't help that the girls ended up being really nervous to get too close.
After he was gone they had a cute little puppet craft and some coloring pages for the kids to do.
Completely unrelated, Matilda also had her Kindergarten round up last week. Here are Ruesie and Tillie, ready to head out to school together!
2 comments:
that is really cool they did that there.. i wonder if they do that here too. humm. your girls are getting so big.
Those characters are so cute. I'm so glad the girls got to go! :o)
Post a Comment