Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Washington Fun

Since we didn't get to see Mom, Dad and Kirsten over Thanksgiving or Christmas, we decided to take advantage of Jordans long weekend and head that way. It was such a nice weekend, the girls were so excited to be there, they LOOOOVE going to see Grandma and Grandpa.
On Saturday afternoon Grandma had the phenomenal idea to head down the road (a mere mile, if that) to the Orting Bakery.
Gleeds, Wards, Guptills, I'm telling you, the next time you're in Orting, you should stop by.

Look at that glass case, chock full of goodness.

Holy delicious fritters, Batman!
Jordan picked this caramel fritter, and it was beyond delicious.
It turns out caramel frosting is a total revelation.
I will be looking for a good caramel frosting recipe, if you know of a good one, please send it my way - along with a 100 word essay on why you haven't already shared it with me, remiss! remiss!
PS, I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but this fritter was HUGE!!!!
Don't worry, I did not eat the whole thing, BUT, I wouldn't have felt too bad if I did because this was also the day that I ran ten miles in the morning, what!?

After the snacking there was some frolicking, but not all that much because it was C-C-COLD outside!!!!
What a lovely weekend we had. I wish we were still there!
And maybe I also wish I could have a caramel fritter in the morning...

2 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

I totally agree! YUM! YUM!Those apple fritters were soooo good! The maple frosting was thick and creamy and not sickly sweet. Thinking about it makes me want to go back for more! :o)

Jerilee E. said...

Me want doughnut. That looks so good!