Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh Yes I Did!

Just wanted to post real quick for no other reason than to brag about how I finished reading Les Miserables today. The unabridged version. That takes some dedication my friends. Overall the story is so interesting and everything is connected in ways I didn't expect, but, when Victor Hugo goes off on a tangent, he really goes off on a tangent making about half of the book incredibly interesting and the other half feel like incredibly hard work to get through. But I'm glad I did it.

5 comments:

Grandma's Cookie Jar said...

Good job Lisa! I saw you reading that book and it was thick! I'm still getting through Three Cups of Tea. It's good! Now maybe you can read something light and fun!
Love ya!
Mom :o)

D said...

You are my hero! I read on average 3 books a week, and I couldn't read that "thing"! YOU go girl!

Jerilee E. said...

I can't get through an episode of ANYthing on TV these days, let alone a book... I am so impressed! Not many people can say they've done that!

emily said...

Wow, good work!! That's on my list of "to reads" but I'm so afraid of Hugo's tangents. Someday...

The Polka Dot Apron said...

LISA!!! I am so sorry to be so very out of the loop lately, but little Adelaide is nothing short of ADORABLE AND SCRUMPTIOUS! Congratulations! I haven't been able to sit at my computer longer than a couple of minutes because of my neck, so I haven't even checked anyone's blogs for a few weeks. I hope we can still be friends...*sniff* Love you!