Sunday, October 14, 2012

Heck Run

I had been wanting for a while to do an obstacle course/mud run type of a race and finally, a month ago, my dream came true!
Way earlier in the year I got Jordan and David locked in to a commitment to do this with me, and I'm so glad that I did, it was so much fun!
We did the uh, Heck Run, a 5k in a rural area outside of Seattle, here's a course map to give you an idea of what it was like.

The course wasn't exactly like they've got it mapped out there, but it was fun! The very first obstacle was plunging into an icy cold river up to about your thighs, and heading upstream a little ways. So odd to run on numb legs afterward.
It was definitely tiring, but it wasn't KILLER, which was good. At about the second mile we weren't too muddy yet, and I remember thinking something about I might make it through this thing without getting too gross- cut to us at the finish line:
I don't know that the picture does it justice, but we were MUUUUUDDDDYYYY. It was pretty gross, but as I've said about five times now- FUN!
I left this race way eager to do some more like it.
Oh, and we stopped for a few minutes on the way back to take in this pretty view at Snoqualmie Falls.
All in all, it was a pretty great day!

1 comment:

Jerilee E. said...

Okay, we are doing one of these together sometime :). I need to get Mark good and dirty. They have quite a few different ones here in the big UT. Make time move faster, will ya?